Tuesday, August 28th
LUNCH: Spaghetti, Mixed green salad, Green Beans, Pineapple, Garlic Roll, Milk.
Just a reminder, students are not allowed to bring knives of any kind onto campus. Students who do will be dealt with accordingly.
St. Bernards Patient Ambassador Program allows students (ages 15-18) an opportunity to volunteer in a hospital setting, where they will explore areas in healthcare and gain experience in helping others. It will be a year-round program, allowing them to fulfill any of their needed community service hours or graduation requirements. Please note that the deadline for applying is Friday, September 14. Students interested in this program may see the nurse for an application.
August 28th-September 1st - Randolph County Fair Week
The PHS Booster Club is selling kickoff shirts for $10 each. If you’re interested, please see Monica Brewington before school,during her prep period at 10:00, or after school.
Haunted Pocahontas Production - If you would be interested in helping with the Haunted Pocahontas production that the History Club will sponsor in October, please sign the sheet on Ms. Galvan’s classroom door (room 10). You do not have to be a History Club member to participate.
FFA - Members wanting to order FFA jackets can do so starting August 20th. Please see Mr. Washburn for details.
There will be livestock judging practice on Monday and Wednesday during lunch, and Tuesday and Friday after school (starting at 3:30 and ending at 4:30).
FBLA - Join now! Cost is $20 due by August 31st. See Mrs. Blalock or Mrs. Hall.
Parents and students! Please follow Mrs. Stewart's Facebook page, BRTC Career Coach. The site will be updated regularly with special events and important information regarding college and career planning https://bit.ly/2w7fGrg
A recruiter from A-State will be in the counselor’s office during lunch on Monday, October 8th to visit with any interested seniors.
To get important information through text messages from the counselor, please follow these instructions:
Seniors - Text @phs18-19sr to the number 81010
Juniors - Text @phs18-19jr to the number 81010
Sophomores - Text @phs18-19so to the number 81010
A representative from Williams Baptist University will be in the counselor’s office during lunch on Thursday, September 20 to meet with any interested juniors or seniors. (You may bring your lunch to the counselors office.)
If you would like to take the ASVAB on Tuesday, September 25, 2018, stop by the counselors office to sign up and pick up a fact sheet by friday, September 7.
- Volleyball @ Brookland at 4:30. Release players at 2:25. The bus will leave at 2:45.
- Golf Match @ Brookland - Please dismiss ALL golf team members (Varsity & JV) @ 1:00. Bus leaves @ 1:15. This includes the following students: Skyler Prater, Logan Dunkerson, Jared Erwin, Jace Wren, Mason Baltz, Michael Barnett, Caleb Sullivan, Dalton Wright, Emma Hoggard, Madilyn McDowell, and Mia Presley.
- Last day to sign up for baseball! Sign up sheets are in the high school office and on Coach Eddington’s door.
- The History Club will meet in Ms. Galvan's classroom (Room 10) during lunch. New members are welcome!
- The girls who have signed up to play softball this year need to meet in the PJHS student center today at 12:15. This should only last about 5 minutes.
- Club Fair will be during lunch in the Student Center/Study Hall.
August 30th - Golf Match @ Highland release at 1:20, Tennis Match @ Highland, Cross Country Meet @ Lyons College
- Golf Match @ Highland; Please dismiss ALL golf team members (Varsity & JV) @ >span class="aBn" data-term="goog_1889596098" tabindex="0">1:00 on 8/30. Bus leaves @ 1:15. This includes the following students: Skyler Prater, Logan Dunkerson, Jared Erwin, Jace Wren, Mason Baltz, Michael Barnett, Caleb Sullivan, Dalton Wright, Emma Hoggard, Madilyn McDowell, and Mia Presley.
- The Islander’s club meeting will be in the PJHS gym from 12:10 to 12:30
- Cross country will have a meeting at Lyon’s College on August 30, 2018. The following students need to be released after 5th hour and need to meet in the complex: Brooks Carter, Bryce Deboard, Skylar Frazier, Allana Sisco, Christian Ward, Alexis Hughes, Heather Throesch, Alexandra Ward, Samuel Frazier, Allyson Marlow, and Mackenzie Tribble.
- Last day to pay dues to join FBLA!
- The PHS Cheerleaders will be selling glow sticks for the Pep rally during lunch
- No school.
September 4th - Volleyball @ Westside
September 4th - Golf match @ Home
September 6th - Golf match @ Home
September 6th - Tennis match vs Corning
September 7th - Homecoming Maids Announcement Assembly @ 3:00 in PHS gym
September 8th - ASU Chess Tournament
September 9th - Delta State Fair