Thursday, September 6th
LUNCH: Chili, Fresh Broccoli & dip, Saltine Crackers, Pear Cup, Gelatin, and Milk
CHARACTER TRAITS: Respect/Pride - “I speak to everyone in the same way, whether he is the garbage man or the president of the university.”
― Albert Einstein
Just a reminder, students are not allowed to bring knives of any kind onto campus. Students who do will be dealt with accordingly.
Students please do not bring vape pens or oil of any kind onto campus.
Students please do not move the furniture around in the Courtyard.
Application 101 will be held for seniors during lunch on October 11th in Mrs. Hampton’s office. Please register by accepting Mrs. Stewart’s email invitation.
Art Club is accepting new members! We will meet Wednesday, September 5th at lunch in Ms. Galvan’s room.
The coffee house is now open in the library. All coffee and cappuccinos are $1.00.
St. Bernards Patient Ambassador Program allows students (ages 15-18) an opportunity to volunteer in a hospital setting, where they will explore areas in healthcare and gain experience in helping others. It will be a year-round program, allowing them to fulfill any of their needed community service hours or graduation requirements. Please note that the deadline for applying is Friday, September 14. Students interested in this program may see the nurse for an application.
The PHS Booster Club is selling kickoff shirts for $10 each. If you’re interested, please see Monica Brewington before school, during her prep period at 10:00, or after school.
The PHS Booster Club is taking orders for "Redskins Nation" apparel. The order form is attached at the bottom of this email.
Haunted Pocahontas Production - If you would be interested in helping with the Haunted Pocahontas production that the History Club will sponsor in October, please sign the sheet on Ms. Galvan’s classroom door (room 10). You do not have to be a History Club member to participate.
FFA - Members wanting to order FFA jackets, please see Mr. Washburn for details.
FBLA - Join now! Cost is $20 due today. No exceptions. Officer applications must be picked up by Friday, September 7th. See Mrs. Blalock or Mrs. Hall. Deadline to turn in Applications is Wednesday, September 12th.
Key Club - Meetings are every at lunch in Mr. Smith’s room. Dues will be $15. Deadline to join is >span class="aBn" data-term="goog_1612253246" tabindex="0">September 27th.
Any student interested in participating in traveling STEM activities should email Mrs. Phelps for more information. We will have a lunch meeting soon. So, watch for it in the announcements. firstname.lastname@example.org
Parents and students! Please follow Mrs. Stewart's Facebook page, BRTC Career Coach. The site will be updated regularly with special events and important information regarding college and career planning https://bit.ly/2w7fGrg
A recruiter from A-State will be in the counselor’s office during lunch on Monday, October 8th to visit with any interested seniors.
To get important information through text messages from the counselor, please follow these instructions:
Seniors - Text @phs18-19sr to the number 81010
Juniors - Text @phs18-19jr to the number 81010
Sophomores - Text @phs18-19so to the number 81010
A representative from Williams Baptist University will be in the counselor’s office during lunch on Thursday, September 20 to meet with any interested juniors or seniors. (You may bring your lunch to the counselors office.)
If you would like to take the ASVAB on Tuesday, September 25, 2018, stop by the counselor’s office to sign up and pick up a fact sheet by Friday, September 7.
10th-12th grade students: Do you plan to play college sports? Stop by the counselor's office for info on how to start the process through NCAA.
- FCCLA meeting during lunch. Bring your lunch.
- Tennis match vs Corning.
- Volleyball game at home vs. Wynne @5. There is no senior B game that night. 7th, Jr. B, Jr. A, Sr. A.
- Anyone that has signed up to take part in the Haunted Pocahontas Production MUST meet with Ms. Galvan today during lunch. If we do not have enough people to participate we will not be able to do this.
- Key Club meeting today at lunch in Mr. Smith’s room.
- Last day to pay FBLA Dues! No Exceptions!
- Homecoming Maids Announcement/ Pep Rally @ 10:00 am in PHS gym.
- Anyone wishing to join Interact needs to go by Mr. Kazzee’s room the last half of lunch today.
- Senior Class meeting in Mr. Helms’ room on Friday at lunch to discuss election of two officers and the homecoming float
- Last day to pick up FBLA Officer Applications. Applications must be turned back in by Wednesday, September 12th.
- Football @ Home Friday night at 7 vs. Paragould. Jungle dress up in your greatest Beachwear.
- The people who signed up to play baseball and are not currently in another sport need to meet with Coach Eddington the last 10 minutes of lunch in his room.
- ASU Chess Tournament. If you are interested please see Mrs. Kercheval by September 5th.
- Delta State Fair
- The first project graduation meeting for the Class of 2019 will be held Sunday, September 9th @ 2:00 in the high school cafeteria. Parents and seniors are encouraged to attend.
Sept 13 - FFA Meeting at 4 PM in Ag. building
Sept 12 - Josten’s will be on campus @ 8:00 a.m. to take ring orders for the junior class
Sept 20 - Fall pictures with Lifetouch for staff/faculty and the sophomore and junior class.Reminders will go out in English classes on Monday, September 10th. Extra forms will be available in the office.
Sept 26 - Lifetouch will be here for senior Composite retakes. If you missed your summer session, seniors will need to take pictures this day. There is a $15 sitting fee due the day of pictures. Pictures will be mailed to your home.
Oct 9 - FAFSA/Parent Night in the PHS Library… For parents and students to receive help with the FAFSA application and gain a better understanding of its process
Sept 11 Batesville Invitational
Sept 18 Salem Invitational
Sept 11 @ Melbourne
Sept 13 @ Valley View
Sept 17 District Tournament
Sept 7 Paragould
Sept 14 @Southside
Sept 6 Corning home
Sept 10 Tri match @ Lyon College
Sept 11 Westside home
Sept 13 tri-match @ Allen Park
Sept 17 Highland home
Sept 18 @ Paragould
Sept 20 Piggott home
Sept 4 @ Westside
Sept 10 Batesville
Sept 11 Valley View
Sept 13 @ Blytheville
Sept 17 Walnut Ridge
Sept 18 Highland
Sept 20 Blytheville
Sept 22 Valley View play day