What is a Balanced Curriculum?
- Intellectual, social, and emotional needs are addressed
- Students are invited to participate in instruction that is Hands-on and Minds-on
- Lessons are planned, prepared, presented, with the Common Core State Standards and PARCC assessments
- Knowledge and comprehension are gateways to application, analysis, synthesis, and evaluation
- Interconnectiveness fosters success in life-long learning
- Age, interest, and ability appropriateness guide instruction, material selection, and assessment
"The illiterate of the 21 st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn."